Friday, May 18

Old Lessons - "Please Pass The Potatos?"

With such busy schedules most families face today; dinner as a family is something that requires a conscious effort. But that effort is crucial to the morality and family bond. THe lessons our children learn from something as simple as setting a table, the etiquette, and presentation of a formal dinner meal is something that is quickly being lost in modern society. Even if it's not _every day, it's important to share that time with our children.
I recently spoke to a friend of mine who mentioned life when we were kids. and She told me that she appreciated the way I served breakfast the last time she and her daughter came to visit. I made a simple meal of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. I put each item in a dish and set them in the middle of the table. We ha d nice meal together and clean up was only a couple of extra dishes. I particularly like the fact that I can sit down and enjoy a meal with out having to get up to serve seconds, or worry about kids carrying plates from the kitchen to the dining area. While I set out 3 different forks or spoons, nor do I give my children knives, I do set a napkin with a fork and a spoon on the right side of each plate and I set a cup at 1 o'clock. It's easy to do and fun to be able to enjoy my children in this way.
It doesn't have to be a fancy meal (see breakfast above) or even a fancy setting, just as long as you remember to enjoy the food you eat and the time you have together.
Until next time my friends. God bless, and Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, I'm always open to questions, or any constructive suggestions & feedback.