Sunday, June 17

Happy Father's Day To All You Dads

Father, papa, dad, daddy, and so many other names we have for the man who raised us. THe man who worked long hours, woke in the middle of the night to check for monsters under the bed, and who gave us a stern "talken to" when we needed it.
This past week, my dad retired after 20 years of cleaning up after elementary school children and teachers. He worked the swing shift for the duration of those 20 years and as a result missed much of the extra curricular performances and other activities of my junior high, and highschool years. But, we had food to eat, a house to live in, and most (if not all) we wanted. Weekend camping trips where Dad taught me how to appreciate nature, and my brother to build and light a campfire, drive a dunebuggy, and run away from the skyrockit before it goes off. lol Sure, just like any other family, we met hard times, we had our struggles. But dad and mom made it all OK.
Personally I am a mom, but just being a parent and watching my husband do his daddy part of raising our 3 littles, helps me understand that making it all work out for our kiddos isn't always easy. So, I just want to say thanks daddy for all you've done for me, my brother, and Mom.
And I want to wish a happy Father's Day to all the dads out there who are stepping up and really being dads.
"Any male can father a child, but it takes a MAN to be a dad."
Until next time Friends, God Bless and as always Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, I'm always open to questions, or any constructive suggestions & feedback.